Connexion
Vous n'avez pas encore de compte personnel ? Vous devriez en créer un. Une fois enregistré vous aurez certains avantages, comme pouvoir modifier l'aspect du site, ou poster des commentaires signés...
Support
Activité du Site

Pages vues depuis 06/01/2019 : 13 131 303

• Nb. de membres 367
  • Nb. d'articles 2 846
  • Nb. de forums 24
  • Nb. de sujets 13
  • Nb. de critiques 0

Top 10  Statistiques

Index du forum »»  Disque dur »» MorphOS gives support to TRIM commands for SSD drives?

MorphOS gives support to TRIM commands for SSD drives?#1501

3Contributeur(s)
TemplarioPapiosaurgeit
1 Modérateur(s)
Papiosaur
Templario Templarioicon_post
I have this doubt if MorphOS gives support to TRIM command for SSD drives?
Papiosaur Papiosauricon_post
Sorry Templario, i don't know about this :-#
Papiosaur Papiosauricon_post
Answer by JacaDcaps on IRC :

"TRIM isn't supported...though, at least some manufacturers seem to claim it is not needed anymore with new drives

http://blog.macsales.com/11051-to-trim-or-not-to-trim-owc-has-the-answer
geit geiticon_post
Don´t think about these buzz-words, when it comes to Amiga/MorphOS

Even the worst drive you can buy will be faster at any point than any of our hardware can deal, so forget about it. Even *if* it would be slightly slower than the possible max of the hardware, you would not notice, as we usually do not load/save big data files. It is all about finding the files and those seek times are around zero with SSDs.

While the fastest harddrive is still trying to find the next data block to load, the SSD has finished loading the entire file.

Thinking about the health of the drive is useless, too. Just think about the virtual memory writing done with Windows/Mac/Linux. MorphOS does not write all the time, so forget about that. It will be fine, even without alignement and trim.

Just plug in the SSD and use it like it is a normal harddrive.

As a long term SSD user I can just say get one that fits your money budget and size limit and go for it. The speed will blow away your mind anyway. :-P

The only thing you should keep in mind is that you should buy a quality SSD. I prefer SanDisk, but Transend and other vendors will be fine, too. Just don´t go for the cheap crap.

Geit
Templario Templarioicon_post
Again I had problems with my MacMIni and the hard disk or this was the question, now I'm working with MacOS and I hope that problems with the hard disk will solve, I installed the Mac OS in other SSD drive and waiting news, now I'm out of MorphOS to test things. :paf :paf